wondering how to Hard reset on Sony Xperia Z Ultra? There are 2 ways to make a hard reset (wipe data). The first option is more simple and suitable for those who do not have a forgotten password, or pattern. The second option a bit more complicated and reset your unlock pattern.
What is a Hard Reset on Android
Full factory reset and clearing the internal memory. Before you decide to do a hard reset, copy your contacts, photos, and other files to a safe place.
Wipe data / factory reset on Android
Let’s start with the easiest option. Go to settings -gt; Backup and Reset — Reset.
If you were not able to repeat the first option, but the second instruction to the 100% result, it’s a bit more complicated.
- Turn off the phone or remove the battery and put it back if you can not turn off;
- To go to the Recovery Menu Press and hold the Volume Up and the Power button at the same time;
- When the logo appears on the screen – release the power button but hold the volume up button;
- You’ve come to Android Recovery menu. Move on the menu is made with the volume, the power button confirms the selection buttons;
- select item «Wipe data / factory reset» – deleting files;
- Confirm the action by Yes – delete all user data;
- Through over again and you will be taken to the Recovery menu a few seconds the cleaning process;
- select item Reboot system now;
You do Hard reset on Sony Xperia Z Ultra. All passwords and unlock removed. If you have any questions leave them through the comments system.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra how to Hard reset video